Monday, April 1, 2013

STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE COBBLER

Recently my husband came across a picture of a strawberry desert that looked super yummy and asked me to make it for him. But just like a man, he shows me only a picture....no recipe and not even so much as a word to tell me what exactly it was.  So using my wife super powers, I tried to figure out what the dessert could possibly be and then make my own version of it...the outcome?? A super yummy Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler :)
 
 

WHAT YOU NEED:

*1 egg, lightly beaten
*1 cup milk
*4 ounces cream cheese
*2 quarts strawberries, washed and cut in half or quarters
*1/2 tsp. salt
*1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
*1 cup flour
*1 cup sugar
*2 tsp. baking powder
 
WHAT YOU DO:

Start by preheating your oven to 350*. Wash and slice strawberries in half (or for bigger strawberries, cut into quarters).  Melt butter in microwave and pour into a 13x9 glass baking dish.  Next, combine egg, sugar, milk, baking powder, flour, and salt.  Pour mixture over top of melted butter in baking dish.  Do not mix together. Add strawberries in a single layer to the mixture.  Next, cut cream cheese into small pieces and place on top of strawberries. 
 

 
 
Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbly.  Serve warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment